1/4 Photos of Crisp Pork Medallions With Creamy Caper Sauce
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Bread-crumb-coated pork medallions are golden on the outside, moist and juicy on the inside. The caper-yogurt sauce provides a burst of briny flavor. Courtesy Gourmet Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt (6 oz, preferably whole milk)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons drained bottled capers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2-1 3/4 lbs pork tenderloin
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 cup vegetable oil, for pan frying
For optional Garnish
- 1Make sauce – Stir together all sauce ingredients in a bowl until combined, then chill, covered, until ready to use.
- 2Cook pork – Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Cut pork crosswise into 1 ¼” thick slices (medallions).
- 4Whisk together flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- 5Whisk together eggs with a pinch of salt in another shallow bowl and put bread crumbs in a third shallow bowl.
- 6Working with 1 medallion at a time, dredge them in flour, shaking off excess, and dip in egg, letting excess drip off, then coat with crumbs, pressing to help them adhere. Arrange pork in 1 layer on baking sheet.
- 7Heat 1/4” oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then panfry medallions, turning over once, until golden brown, 6-8 minutes total.
- 8Transfer to a clean baking sheet and roast in oven until thermometer inserted horizontally into center of meat registers 145-150F, 6 to 7 minutes.
- 9Serve pork with sauce, lemon wedges and watercress.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crisp Pork Medallions With Creamy Caper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1011.5
- Calories from Fat 656
- Total Fat 72.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 226.1 mg
- Sodium 1123.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 45.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: