Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1⁄2 cup shortening or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Mix shortening, peanut butter, sugar and egg. Sift dry ingredients and stir into mixture.
- Wrap in waxed paper and chill until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Shape into walnut sized balls. Flaten with fork (granulated sugar).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until brown.
Outstanding basic peanut butter cookie recipe! I used regular Crisco for my shortening and they turned out perfect. Only thing, I think the yield stated is extremely high; you would have to make very tiny cookies to hit that number. Definitely one of the best general peanut butter cookie recipes I've tried!