Good crust that will hold together when cold-for tarts and quiches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place flour, salt and sugar into a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- 2Cut in the butter and shortening, and cut the fat into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse cornmeal.
- 3In a cup whisk together the yolk and 3 teaspoons of the ice water.
- 4Using a fork mix it into the dry mixture, drawing the mixture twoards the center of the bowl.
- 5If it's still crumbly add a bit more water, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- 6Turn out, knead for a few seconds and form into 2 even balls.
- 7Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- 8Roll out and use as you will.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crisp Pastry Crust
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 737.7
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 157.8 mg
- Sodium 460.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 14.3 g