Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Good crust that will hold together when cold-for tarts and quiches.
Make and share this Crisp Pastry Crust recipe from Food.com.
- Place flour, salt and sugar into a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Cut in the butter and shortening, and cut the fat into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse cornmeal.
- In a cup whisk together the yolk and 3 teaspoons of the ice water.
- Using a fork mix it into the dry mixture, drawing the mixture twoards the center of the bowl.
- If it's still crumbly add a bit more water, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Turn out, knead for a few seconds and form into 2 even balls.
- Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out and use as you will.