Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
You may omit the thyme or marjoram and substitute other herbs like oregano. Make them to your liking. This is a high fat recipe you can cut it back by only spraying the potatoes with Pam or other such spray and then sprinkle the herbs over the pottoes coating them. They will still be tasty and much healthier
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion and mushroom soup mix or 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup lite olive oil or 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Heat oven to 450F degrees.
- In a shallow baking dish mix all the ingredients except the potatoes, thoroughly blend the spices oil etc.
- Add potatoes and turn to coat all sides.
- Bake stirring the potatoes occasionally for about 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender and golden.
I cut this recipe in half, they were delicious, very tastey!! We ate half of them and I reheated the other half for supper the next night, they were just as good reheated!!, just a little crispier. Thanks Bergy, for sharing a good recipe!!
Delicious! I didn't have onion soup mix so I used a Good Seasonings dressing mix instead and it worked wonderfully! I will definitely make these again! Next time I will use only 1/4 cup of olive oil as they were more "juicy" than crispy.
Every member of my family enjoyed these potatoes (even my teenager). The only adjustment I made was using less oil and adding two small grated cloves of garlic. These were delicious!