Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love oatmeal cookies!
Make and share this Crisp Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together shortening, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, scraping down the sides if necessary. Add water, vanilla and almond - mix until combined. Add dry ingredients and stir by hand just until combined. Fold in the raisins and nuts.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, drop the dough onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake until the cookies are a light golden, about 14 minutes. Remove and let cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Place the cookies on a wire rack to finish cooling.