1/7 Photos of Crisp 'n Good Apple Salad With Walnuts and Walnut Oil Dressing
It's sort of like Waldorf Salad, but there's no mayonnaise here, and the end taste is fresh and clean! A nutritious salad for a picnic, or to serve with grilled meats -- or just to enjoy as a light lunch. These great nut oils are now widely available and so much healthier than mayonnaise!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 apples, firm sweet eating apples, unpeeled, chopped into bite-size chunks
- 2 granny smith apples, ditto
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 -4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisin, seedless
- 1 cup walnuts, pref. toasted (see note below)
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1First whisk the walnut oil, cider vinegar, sugar and salt in a small bowl until the sugar has dissolved, and set aside at room temperature.
- 2Prepare salad ingredients, and toss together in a salad bowl.
- 3Toss with dressing to serve.
- 4(If it has to stand awhile, cover with platic wrap and refrigerate. For taking on a picnic or to-go, keep in a plastic container with tight-fitting lid).
- 5*Toasted walnuts: you can use fresh walnuts, but toasting brings out their fragrance. Heat oven to 350 degF/180 degC, spread walnuts on a cookie tin, and bake for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crisp 'n Good Apple Salad With Walnuts and Walnut Oil Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.2
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.3 mg
- Sodium 428.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 7.3 g