Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Parish Pickens From Lakeshore United Methodist. The recipe was submitted by Arlene Johnston.
- 18 ounces lemon cake mix with pudding
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Combine cake mix, margarine, and egg; blend well. Fold in cereal.
- Form 1-inch balls, pressing firmly onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 9-12 minutes, or until golden brown around edges.
- Cool 1 minute. Remove from cookie sheet.
Even better with a bit of lemon frosting. I've also done devil's food, but those were a bit too rich.
I had everything on hand when I read this recipe and whipped them right up. I used melted butter in place of margarine and my lemon cake mix was 18.25 ounces. I took the liberty to add just about 1/4 teaspoon of lemon extract to it, too. The cookies turned out great with a wonderful texture and flavor. I got about 3 dozen cookies out of this recipe. It doesn't get much easier than this. Thanks internetnut.