Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A delicate, crisp cookie with a lemon flavor. Freezes well.
Make and share this Crisp Lemon Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract (brand I use is Boyajian)
- 4 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Using an electric mixer, mix all ingredients.
- Roll dough in balls.
- Roll balls in white sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Press balls down with tine of fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350, for 14--16 minutes, until very light golden brown.