- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 14.79 ml milk
- 9.85 ml lemon extract
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 3.69 ml salt
- 14.79 ml lemon rind or 14.79 ml lemon zest
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- additional sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar.
- Add the egg, milk and extracts. Combine the flour, salt, leon rind, and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-in. balls or drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Immediately remove to wire racks to cool.