Top Review by ~Robyn~
This was just ok for us, it was VERY tart and lemony and I doubled the sugar. It was lovely to look at and I do like the method for cooking the chicken but for us it was just overpoweringly lemony. I pounded the breasts to make them flat and served over rice, I actually do want to make this again but I am going to sub orange for the lemon. This was in NO WAY bad, just very very lemony which I am sure some will love.
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup cornflour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 350 g chicken tenderloins (I use breast slices)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- spring onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Lemon Sauce:- Mix cornflour with the lemon juice. Mix the lemon rind, stock, ginger, brown sugar and cornflour mixture together in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 1 minutes.
- Set aside while preparing chicken.
- Crisp Chicken:- Lightly beat the egg whites, cornflour and water together.
- Dip the chicken in this mixture. Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and fry the chicken until the juices run clear.
- Pour over the lemon sauce and served garnished with chopped spring onion.