Recipe by Bergy
I know, I know, some of you can't tolerate liver but for those of us that love it try this recipe! The liver comes out crisp and has a wonderful flavor with just a hint of lemon. Even kids have been known to like it. Substitute Chicken livers if you wish.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb calf liver, cut into bite size bits
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towel.
- You may remove some of the bacon fat but leave a generous amount, do not clean skillet.
- Crumble bacon.
- Combine flour, dill, salt& pepper in a paper bag.
- Add liver and coat well, shake off any excess flour.
- Fry liver in the "bacon" skillet over high heat until crisp on outside but still moist inside (about 4-6 minutes).
- Remove liver but keep warm.
- Discard fat from skillet but do not scrape the pan.
- Over medium heat melt butter scraping in all the brown bits.
- Stir in lemon juice, parsley and crumbled bacon.
- Put liver back in the pan to ensure it is hot.
- Sprinkle with grated lemon and enjoy.