Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I know, I know, some of you can't tolerate liver but for those of us that love it try this recipe! The liver comes out crisp and has a wonderful flavor with just a hint of lemon. Even kids have been known to like it. Substitute Chicken livers if you wish.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb calf liver, cut into bite size bits
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towel.
- You may remove some of the bacon fat but leave a generous amount, do not clean skillet.
- Crumble bacon.
- Combine flour, dill, salt& pepper in a paper bag.
- Add liver and coat well, shake off any excess flour.
- Fry liver in the "bacon" skillet over high heat until crisp on outside but still moist inside (about 4-6 minutes).
- Remove liver but keep warm.
- Discard fat from skillet but do not scrape the pan.
- Over medium heat melt butter scraping in all the brown bits.
- Stir in lemon juice, parsley and crumbled bacon.
- Put liver back in the pan to ensure it is hot.
- Sprinkle with grated lemon and enjoy.
We love liver and this was a very nice change from the ordinary. I would have never thought of lemon. Thanks
Got into a thread yesterday, talking about liver and knew we wouldn't be happy till we had it again!! Went to search and found Your Lemon liver Bergy, so of course had to try it. It was wonderfull, satisfied our craving!! the only change I made was to cut the bacon to 4 slices. This is a great way to make liver, we liked the touch of lemon and will certainly make it again!! Thanks Bergy!
Fantastic, what a difference to liver, made a wonderful change. Thanks.