1/3 Photos of Crisp Lemon Calf Liver
I know, I know, some of you can't tolerate liver but for those of us that love it try this recipe! The liver comes out crisp and has a wonderful flavor with just a hint of lemon. Even kids have been known to like it. Substitute Chicken livers if you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon until crisp.
- 2Drain on paper towel.
- 3You may remove some of the bacon fat but leave a generous amount, do not clean skillet.
- 4Crumble bacon.
- 5Combine flour, dill, salt& pepper in a paper bag.
- 6Add liver and coat well, shake off any excess flour.
- 7Fry liver in the "bacon" skillet over high heat until crisp on outside but still moist inside (about 4-6 minutes).
- 8Remove liver but keep warm.
- 9Discard fat from skillet but do not scrape the pan.
- 10Over medium heat melt butter scraping in all the brown bits.
- 11Stir in lemon juice, parsley and crumbled bacon.
- 12Put liver back in the pan to ensure it is hot.
- 13Sprinkle with grated lemon and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crisp Lemon Calf Liver
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.3
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 62.1 mg
- Sodium 355.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: