Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Try these easy baked gold potatoes with garlic from a famous New York restaurant (Balthazar's ).
Make and share this Crisp Garlic Yukon Gold Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs small yukon gold potatoes, halved
- 6 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Brush a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the gold potatoes on the baking sheet, cut side down, and bake for 45 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Transfer the potatoes to a bowl.
- Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until crisp and lightly browned; do not let the garlic get too brown or it will be bitter.
- Pour the garlic and oil over the potatoes, add the parsley and toss. Season with salt and pepper and serve at once.
These were very good. My son described them as mashed potatoes inside, crispier on the outside. We will definitely make them again. Delicious and easy!
These were so good that even though I cut the recipe in half, two of us finished 4 servings with no problem. Didn't add parsley because I didn't have any fresh on hand but made as directed otherwise. Thought they were overdone at first because they were so brown on the bottom but they were perfect!
Baked in nonstick roasting pan. Also, sprayed on a bit of olive oil on top of potatoes before baking. This was wonderful.