Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 8 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Yummy low-fat, low-sodium appetizer.
Make and share this Crisp Garlic Potato Skins recipe from Food.com.
- One day or several hours ahead, prick potatoes with a fork.
- Bake in a 425° F oven for 40 to 50 minutes or till tender; cool, wrap and store in refrigerator.
- At serving time, cut baking potatoes into quarters.
- Scoop out the insides (reserve for another use), leaving ½-inch thick shells.
- Lightly brush both sides of potato skins with olive oil.
- Place, cut side up, on a large baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° F for about 15 minutes or until they are crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the chopped tomatoes, basil, and garlic powder; spoon some of the tomato mixture into each potato quarter.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and bake for 2 to 3 minutes longer until heated through.
Very yummy recipe. I had some left-over crumbled bacon and mixed it in with the tomatoes. A great way to use those summer tomatoes.