Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This will get the whole crowd going very delicious appetizer:)
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- One day or several hours ahead, prick potatoes with a fork. Bake in a 425 degree.
- oven for 40 to 50 minutes or till tender. Cool, Wrap and store in refrigerator.
- At serving time, cut baking potatoes into quarters. Scoop out the insides
- (reserve for another use), leaving 1/2 inch thick shells. Lightly brush both
- sides of potato skins with olive oil. Place, cut side up, on a large baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees about 15 minutes or till crisp. Meanwhile, in a small bowl
- combine the chopped tomatoes, basil, and garlic powder. Spoon some of the tomato
- mixture into each potato quarter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 2 to 3.
- more minutes until heated through.