Recipe by A la Carte
These are a garnish for Asian food. If you use shallots, it’s more authentic. I don't know where this "recipe" comes from, but I do this a lot. Also sprinkle them on steak or salads.
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the shallots and garlic. Slice VERY finely.
- Spread them out on a tray to dry out for a few hours before cooking.
- Heat the oil until very hot and deep fry the garlic and THEN onion (in batches) until they are golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Note that you have to fry the garlic and onion separately, because the garlic cooks a lot quicker than the onion.
- Season with salt just before you use. OR store them in an airtight container in the freezer.