1/1 Photo of Crisp Fried Aubergines
These are relatively global, although some people cook them in normal cooking oil, others in olive oil. They can also be deep fried or shallow fried. I prefer olive oil and shallow frying, for healthier snacks. Apparently the main trick is to make sure that they are well drained after salting. Prep time includes this draining time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the aubergines lengthwise into 5 mm (1/4 inch) slices.
- 2Salt thoroughly with the cooking salt and drain in a colander for 30 minutes.
- 3Rinse and pat dry.
- 4Heat the oil in a thick frying-pan till almost smoking.
- 5Dip the aubergine slices in the seasoned flour and cook a few at a time until browned – about 1 ½ minutes a side.
- 6Drain on kitchen paper and serve as quickly as possible.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crisp Fried Aubergines
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.1
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6979.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g