These are relatively global, although some people cook them in normal cooking oil, others in olive oil. They can also be deep fried or shallow fried. I prefer olive oil and shallow frying, for healthier snacks. Apparently the main trick is to make sure that they are well drained after salting. Prep time includes this draining time.
- Cut the aubergines lengthwise into 5 mm (1/4 inch) slices.
- Salt thoroughly with the cooking salt and drain in a colander for 30 minutes.
- Rinse and pat dry.
- Heat the oil in a thick frying-pan till almost smoking.
- Dip the aubergine slices in the seasoned flour and cook a few at a time until browned – about 1 ½ minutes a side.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve as quickly as possible.
Made for Photo Tag. Very tasty and simple to prepare.Cooks up in no time~! I seasoned the flour with fresh cracked pepper,greek seasonings and some parmesan cheese.No need to add salt to the flour.