Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are relatively global, although some people cook them in normal cooking oil, others in olive oil. They can also be deep fried or shallow fried. I prefer olive oil and shallow frying, for healthier snacks. Apparently the main trick is to make sure that they are well drained after salting. Prep time includes this draining time.
- Cut the aubergines lengthwise into 5 mm (1/4 inch) slices.
- Salt thoroughly with the cooking salt and drain in a colander for 30 minutes.
- Rinse and pat dry.
- Heat the oil in a thick frying-pan till almost smoking.
- Dip the aubergine slices in the seasoned flour and cook a few at a time until browned – about 1 ½ minutes a side.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve as quickly as possible.
Made for Photo Tag. Very tasty and simple to prepare.Cooks up in no time~! I seasoned the flour with fresh cracked pepper,greek seasonings and some parmesan cheese.No need to add salt to the flour.