Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Famouus Bengali Fish Cutlets, suitable for tea time and even does wonders to the taste when used as sandwich or with Indian Bread.
- 2 cups fish (boiled, deboned)
- 1 cup potato (mashed)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 4 green chilies
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 piece gingerroot (1 inch)
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 1 bunch mint
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- In a frying pan, add 3 tablespoons of oil and fry diced onion, green chilies, garlic and ginger till the onion is golden brown.
- Add coriander and mint leaves.
- Add boiled de-boned fish and continue frying.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, remove from heat and cool.
- Add mashed potatoes, salt and mix into a dough. Form into cutlets of desired shape [round, long fingers, oval, heart shaped etc.].
- Beat egg with little salt and pepper.
- Coat cutlets in egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Heat a 4 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan and shallow fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with onions rings and garnish with coriander leaves.