Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe from Martha Stewart in local paper.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 11 ounces sweetened flaked coconut (about 6 cups)
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate or 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter and 1/3 of the coconut in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade.
- Process until mixture forms a ball, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle remaining coconut over mixture, and combine with your fingers.
- Place an 8" tart parn with a removeable bottom on a baking sheet.
- Press coconut mixture into bottom and up sides of pan to form a crust, leaving top edges loose and fluffy.
- Place a ring of aluminum foil over edge to prevent burning.
- Bake until center begins to brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove foil, and cook until edges are browned, 4 to 6 minutes more.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl.
- Bring cream just to a boil in a small saucepan, and pour over chocolate.
- Let sit 10 minutes, and stir until chocolate is melted and combined.
- Let cool, and pour into coconut crust.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until filling is set, at least 1 hour.
- Cut into wedges and serve.