Recipe from Martha Stewart in local paper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place butter and 1/3 of the coconut in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade.
- 3Process until mixture forms a ball, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 4Transfer to a medium bowl.
- 5Sprinkle remaining coconut over mixture, and combine with your fingers.
- 6Place an 8" tart parn with a removeable bottom on a baking sheet.
- 7Press coconut mixture into bottom and up sides of pan to form a crust, leaving top edges loose and fluffy.
- 8Place a ring of aluminum foil over edge to prevent burning.
- 9Bake until center begins to brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 10Remove foil, and cook until edges are browned, 4 to 6 minutes more.
- 11Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 12Place chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl.
- 13Bring cream just to a boil in a small saucepan, and pour over chocolate.
- 14Let sit 10 minutes, and stir until chocolate is melted and combined.
- 15Let cool, and pour into coconut crust.
- 16Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until filling is set, at least 1 hour.
- 17Cut into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crisp Coconut and Chocolate Pie
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 688.7
- Calories from Fat 578
- Total Fat 64.2 g
- Saturated Fat 44.8 g
- Cholesterol 88.2 mg
- Sodium 165.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 7.4 g