Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1⁄3 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 1⁄2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl.
- Stir butter and next five ingredients in another medium bowl until smooth. Stir in flour mixture, then nuts. Cover and chill until firm enough to scoop, at least four hours. (Can be made one day ahead. Keep chilled.).
- Position 1 rack in top third of oven and 1 tack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 325 degrees.
- Line 3 large baking sheets with parchment. Measure 2 level tablespoons of dough; roll between palms into ball. Place on prepared sheet. Using fingers, spread dough to 3" diameter disk. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing 5" apart.
- Bake cookies 8 minutes; reverse sheets. Bake cookies until flat and beginning to darken around edges; about 10 minutes. Transfer cookies on parchment to rack (cookies will crisp as they cool). Can be made 4 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
- Place rack inside rimmed baking sheet. Place chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Heat chips in microwave in 15 second intervals until smooth, stirring occasionally. Drizzle chocolate over cookies. Let stand until chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.