Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Sunkist recipe from Plate Magazine
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb cod (halibut, sole, or other whitefish)
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- lemon wedge (optional)
- parsley sprig (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup dill pickle, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, grated peel and juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon tarragon, dried crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large shallow dish, combine the ice water, lemon juice, and salt. Add the filets; let stand 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper toweling.
- In a shallow dish, combine the corn flake crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip filets into beaten eggs and then into crumb mixture. Dip and coat again. Let stand a few minutes for coating to set.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and sauté the filets for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until lightly browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs. Serve with Tarragon Tartar Sauce.
- To make Tarragon Tartar Sauce, mix all ingredients and chill until use.
- Note: More corn flake crumbs and Parmesan cheese may be needed depending on the number of filets per pound.