Recipe by Mom2Rose
Source: Betty Crocker. "Love do-aheads? With layered cookie dough in your fridge or freezer, you can bake and serve these delicious cookies whenever you want." There is 2 hour refrigeration time with this recipe.
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) envelopebetty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate-covered coffee beans, coarsely to finely crushed
- 1⁄3 coarsely toasted almond, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Line bottom and sides of 9x5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, flour, butter, almond extract and egg until soft dough forms.
- Divide dough in half; place half of dough in another bowl.
- Stir melted chocolate into half of dough.
- To remaining half of dough, mix in espresso beans and almonds.
- Firmly press half of chocolate dough evenly in bottom of loaf pan.
- Evenly press half of espresso dough over chocolate dough in pan.
- Repeat with remaining chocolate dough and espresso dough.
- Fold plastic wrap over dough to cover.
- Refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Remove dough from pan; unwrap.
- Place dough on cutting board.
- Cut dough crosswise into 4 equal pieces.
- Cut each piece crosswise into 1/4-inch slices.
- On ungreased cookie sheets, place slices 2 inches apart.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.