Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
These won't last long...they're absolutely delicious.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup dark molasses
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked rolled oats (quick variety)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cloves, ginger, and sugar. Add the soft butter, molasses and egg beating until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Lightly stir in the rolled oats, just until mixed. Use a level tablespoon of the dough for each cookie. Drop the dough 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, do not over bake. If you like chewy cookies, remove them from the oven earlier (they will be lighter colour in the middle).
- Allow the cookies to stay on the cookie sheets a minute or so to get firm before removing then to a cooling rack.
- When cool, store in an air tight container.