Recipe by dimply dots
These are like cucumber tea sandwiches without the bread! They make a wonderfully easy appetizer and I also think the recipe lends itself nicely to additions and substitutions. (The english cucumbers are preferred because of their thin skin, however 3 small, very fresh zucchini could be used instead). Found at deliciouslivingmag.com
- 1 medium lemon, zest of (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 small bunch chives or 1 small delicate garlic scape, finely chopped
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 medium English cucumbers
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Mix zest and herbs into goat cheese; add a twist of ground pepper. Let mixture rest for 30 minutes, covered, to allow cheese to absorb flavors.
- 2. Slice cucumbers into 1/8-inch-thick disks. Spread a one-bite portion of goat cheese between two slices, making a sandwich that can be munched in a mouthful.
- PER SERVING: 88 cal, 61% fat cal, 6g fat, 4g sat fat, 13mg chol, 6g protein, 3g carb, 0g fiber, 106mg sodium.