My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the meat in thin slices along the grain, not across it.
- 2Pound the slices until they almost fall apart.
- 3Put the meat and all the other ingredients except the Oil in a heavy saucepan.
- 4Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium low and cook, stirring now and then, until the liquid has evaporated.
- 5Remove the meat and tear it into fine strips using two forks.
- 6Scrape the bottom of the pan to gather the residue, add the oil and set it over Medium heat.
- 7When the oil is hot add the meat shreds and fry, stirring, until they are crisp and dark brown.
- 8Drain on paper towels before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crisp Beef
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.7
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 38.1 mg
- Sodium 221.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean beef chuck