Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tradition in my house, my mother got these out of some magazine a gazillion years ago (BH&G? Redbook? Women's Day? who knows...) These are absolutely delicious with a hot cup of tea, or by themselves, or ...you get the picture. Totally addictive, I love to leave one of the logs unbaked, and slice and bake when unexpected company comes over (or I'm simply craving them...) I never end up rolling these in round rolls, but rather, flatten them so that, when cut, they make rectangular cookies. Mmmmm... (Prep time does not include chilling time)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine butter, sugar, molasses, spices and soda in large bowl of electric mixer (or use hand mixer and a large mixing bowl. Beat until well blended and light.
- Stir in nuts and flour.
- On a lightly floured board shape dough into 2 logs about 10-inches long.
- Wrap tightly in waxed paper or plastic wrap, chill overnight.
- Cut in 3/8-inch slices and bake on greased cookie sheets in preheated oven until light brown, about 10 minutes.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight cookie tin in a cool dry place.