Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
"This dish is not only easy, it's fun to serve. When the bacon is cooked, transfer to a serving platter and serve warm."
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
- 1⁄3 cup fine soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 10 slices bacon, cut in thirds
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Remove cartilage from crab meat. Combine all ingredients except bacon.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Portion crab mixture with a tablespoon.
- Shape into small rolls.
- Wrap bacon around crab rolls and secure with a toothpick.
- Place crab rolls on a broiler pan.
- Broil about 4 inches from source of heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Turn carefully.
- Broil 4 to 5 minutes longer.
- Makes 30 hors d'oeuvres.