Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from a friend of my mother's. Please don't try to use anything but Crisco, it won't turn out right! Also, I've found that you need to cream the Crisco,sugar,and eggs until fluffy (about 20 minutes!)
- 1 cup Crisco (no substitutes!)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, cream Crisco,sugar, and eggs until white and creamy(about 20 minutes).
- In a seperate bowl measure flour,baking soda, and salt.
- Slow mixer speed to low and alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk ending with buttermilk.
- Add vanilla.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour in tube pan.