Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is from a 1959 Crisco cookbook, Praise For The Cook, and I'm posting it as part of my ongoing contribution of vintage recipes from my vast collection of older cookbooks.
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 cups bite-size cereal, squares (here in Canada, I'd use Shreddies)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Place shortening in a 13x9 oblong pan, and place in oven until shortening melts; remove pan from oven.
- Stir worcestershire sauce, salt and garlic powder into melted shortening, then add remaining ingredients and stir gently.
- Heat in oven, stirring gently several times, for 30 minutes.