Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a quick and easy buttercream. Add more sugar if you want a nice crusting effect.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Crisco
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons powdered Dream Whip
- 2 -3 tablespoons vanilla (to taste)
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- Add all ingredients except powdered sugar to mixer. Mix until combined scraping sides to make sure mixture is fully mixed.
- Add the sugar gradually until all sugar is in mixer.
- Once icing starts to come together run the mixture until desired consistancy is reached. There really is no time limit.
I originally found this recipe (though 1 1/3 cups Crisco) a year ago from a decorator/caterer known as IndyDebi who has a blog that's great. Anyway I was looking for a frosting that would hold up in a very hot, humid setting. An outdoor affair in summer in sunny SW Florida! I made 500 cupcakes topped with this wonderful frosting and they held up beautifully! I was going to post it so I didn't lose it but since you have I thank you for sharing! It's absolutely a go to recipe!