This recipe is from a 1959 Crisco cookbook, Praise For The Cook, and I'm posting it as part of my ongoing contribution of vintage recipes from my vast collection of older cookbooks. It "makes a rich, savory dinner dish".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup diced raw green bell pepper
- 3/4 lb pasta, cooked and drained (your choice)
- 1In a large skillet, melt shortening over medium-high heat and brown beef, onions and garlic.
- 2Stir in flour and seasonings.
- 3When flour is combined with beef mixture, stir in canned mushrooms including their liquid plus the tin of soup, stir well, and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- 4Stir in sour cream and when completely combined with beef mixture, remove from heat.
- 5Toss cooked pasta with parsley and green pepper.
- 6Serve beef mixture over pasta mixture.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crisco Beef Paprikash
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.2
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.9 mg
- Sodium 902.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 25.7 g