Recipe by Kit^..^ty Of Canada
Comments by Chef James.T. Ehler: I first used this recipe at the Cripple Creek Country Club in Colorado. This meatloaf was a favorite lunch special in many of the restaurants and hotels I have worked at through the years. It is also a favorite 'employee meal'. Serving Ideas: Serve with a Peppercorn brown sauce. Posters comments: I cut the recipe in half & cook for 1hr. Leftovers are used for a second dinner or meatloaf sandwiches.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 lb Italian sausage
- 3⁄4 cup tomatoes (chopped fine)
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion (chopped fine)
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper (chopped fine)
- 1 tablespoon garlic clove (minced)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Pickapeppa Sauce
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Pickapeppa Sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients gently, but well and form into a loaf in a baking pan.
- Do not overmix, as this tends to make for a tough (too firm) meatloaf.
- Mix topping ingredients together and coat top of meatloaf.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours at 350°F
- Cover for first 45 minutes.