Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A fudgy, nutty cookie. From Better Homes and Gardens
Make and share this Crinkled Fudge Truffle Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter flavor shortening
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 60 pecan halves (optional)
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan, heat and stir chocolate and shortening over very low heat until chocolate begins to melt. Remove from heat and add coffee granules. Stir until smooth. Cool.
- Beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until light and lemon colored (3 to 4 minutes).
- Beat in cooled chocolate mixture and vanilla.
- On low speed, beat in chopped pecans, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Drop teaspoons of dough 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- If desired, place a pecan halve atop each cookie.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- or until just set on surface (do not overbake).
- Cool 1 to 2 minutes, transfer to racks. Cool completely.
- If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
I am so glad to find this recipe in it's entirety. I'd cut it out of BH&G a few years back and accidentally cut off the baking instructions so when I made them I had to guess. Anyway, this is the best Chocolate Crinkle cookie I have ever had. I make them without the nuts mixed in. Any chocoholic that hasn't tried this recipe is missing out!