2 hrs 30 mins
A fudgy, nutty cookie. From Better Homes and Gardens
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter flavor shortening
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 60 pecan halves (optional)
- powdered sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a small saucepan, heat and stir chocolate and shortening over very low heat until chocolate begins to melt. Remove from heat and add coffee granules. Stir until smooth. Cool.
- 3Beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until light and lemon colored (3 to 4 minutes).
- 4Beat in cooled chocolate mixture and vanilla.
- 5On low speed, beat in chopped pecans, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- 6Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Drop teaspoons of dough 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- 7If desired, place a pecan halve atop each cookie.
- 8Bake in a 350°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 9or until just set on surface (do not overbake).
- 10Cool 1 to 2 minutes, transfer to racks. Cool completely.
- 11If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crinkled Fudge Truffle Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.6
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 51.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g