Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com.
Make and share this Crinkle-Top Chocolate Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in microwave.
- Stir until smooth and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in a small mixing bowl, until crumbly. (About 2 min.).
- Add egg whites and vanilla and beat well.
- Stir in melted chocolate.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add to butter mixture alternately with water.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in confectioners sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-20 minutes.
- Place on wire racks to cool.