Recipe by Katey in GB
This make ahead drink is great for parties, and can be served with or without alcohol. The pomegranate and sage combine for a surprisingly light and delicious drink, and guests who have tried it always ask for more! I like to make this the night before, but the drink will actually be good for up to a week in the frig. This has become a new holiday favorite in our house. Servings per recipe will be determined by the size of drink served. I like to serve these drinks in wine glasses or small tumblers.
Top Review by Brenda.
Delicious! I'm so glad you posted this recipe. I made this last night using lemon juice concentrate vs fresh lemon juice. I have to say that even though it was good last night, it was awesome today after being refrigerated for about 18 hours. I used Sprite as my mixer and am enjoying a glass as I type. The sweet yet tart flavor with a hint of sage is addicting. I suppose if I wanted it less sweet I would try the club soda or even diet Sprite. Thanks for posting Katey I'm sure by tomorrow I'll have another batch simmering.
- 2 pints pomegranate juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 12 sage leaves, fresh and lightly crushed
- 2 1⁄2 inches lemon rind
- 1 cup lemon juice
Can be mixed with
- sparkling white wine
- club soda
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare:.
- Combine all ingredients except lemon juice and wine in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat and cook uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- Transfer to a glass container and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to one week.
- When ready to serve:.
- Strain out lemon peel and sage leaves.
- In a glass with ice, combine equal parts drink and wine (or club soda).
- Serve with a fresh sage leaf, if desired.