1/2 Photos of Crimson Drink
Katey in GB's Note:
This make ahead drink is great for parties, and can be served with or without alcohol. The pomegranate and sage combine for a surprisingly light and delicious drink, and guests who have tried it always ask for more! I like to make this the night before, but the drink will actually be good for up to a week in the frig. This has become a new holiday favorite in our house. Servings per recipe will be determined by the size of drink served. I like to serve these drinks in wine glasses or small tumblers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pints pomegranate juice
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 12 sage leaves, fresh and lightly crushed
- 2 1/2 inches lemon rind
- 1 cup lemon juice
Can be mixed with
- sparkling white wine
- club soda
- 1To prepare:.
- 2Combine all ingredients except lemon juice and wine in a sauce pan.
- 3Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved.
- 4Reduce heat and cook uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- 6Transfer to a glass container and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to one week.
- 7When ready to serve:.
- 8Strain out lemon peel and sage leaves.
- 9In a glass with ice, combine equal parts drink and wine (or club soda).
- 10Serve with a fresh sage leaf, if desired.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crimson Drink
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 50.9 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: