This is from the Living the Country Life magazine, Oct.'09 If you can't find fresh or frozen cranberries, 1 cup of dried cranberries works wonderfully.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups cooking apples, sliced peeled
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1/2 cup quick oats or 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons flour, all-purpose
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg or 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts (optional) or 2 tablespoons coconut (optional)
- fat-free vanilla ice cream, frozen yogurt (optional) or fat-free half-and-half (optional)
- 1In a small mixing bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon, place the apples and cranberries in an ungreased 11/2-quart casserole.
- 2Sprinkle sugar-cinnamon mixture over fruit, toss gently to coat.
- 3Bake, covered, in a 375°F oven for 25 minutes.
- 4For topping, in a small mixing bowl combine oats, brown sugar, flour, and nutmeg or ginger.
- 5With a pastry blender, cut in butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 6Stir in nuts or coconut, if you like.
- 7Sprinkle topping over partially cooked fruit mixture.
- 8Return to oven and bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes more or until fruit is tender and topping is golden.
- 9Cool slightly.
- 10Serve warm with ice cream, frozen yogurt, or fat-free half-and-half, if you like. .
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crimson Cranberry Apple Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.8
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 46.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g