Recipe by Mini Ravindran
This is a real finger licking dish that is so easy to make.....just keep your favourite music turned on...
Top Review by Aric Ross
I personally did not care for this recipe. First, I would have diced the tomatoes rather than blending them into a puree. Also, the cloves were too overpowering in this dish. Overall, there were too many flavors giving the dish no direction. Preperation was easy enough, however, the flavor left me wanting. In conclusion, this will be a no repeat recipe for me.
- 1 medium chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 onions
- 6 ripe tomatoes
- 3 green chilies
- 4 cloves
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 teaspoon salt (as per taste)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a paste of onions, tomatoes and green chillies in the mixer/blender and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet or pan.
- Do not smoke the same.
- Add cloves, green cardamoms, turmeric, curry powder, red pepper powder and wait for 3-4 seconds.
- Add cubed chicken pieces and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and tightly cover the lid for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Open the lid and add the paste made as per step 1.
- Add salt as well.
- Add little water if the gravy is too thick.
- Cover the lid again for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Serve hot with bread or on a bed of steamed basmati rice.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and onion rings.