1/1 Photo of Cricketbirds Clam Chowder
wonderfully thick and creamy chowder. Simple to make. The secret is to let this sit all day, or overnight, in the refrigerator and reheat slowly. We serve this with oyster crackers and a slice of butter on top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put onions, celery and potatoes in large saucepan and pour clam juice over top until barely covered. This usually takes me 2 bottles.
- 2Simmer, covered, over medium heat until barely tender.
- 3Meanwhile, melt butter.
- 4Add flour and blend, stirring contantly.
- 5Add half and half slowly, cook and stir with wire whisk until smooth and thick.
- 6Add undrained vegetables and clams, and heat through.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cricketbirds Clam Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.7
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 91.0 mg
- Sodium 411.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 11.7 g