Recipe by mollypaul
The testicles of Spanish fighting bulls are prized because they are thought to confer bravery and masculinity. Small portions are served as tapas. As this is not a commonly available product, you may need to ask your butcher to order them for you.
- 1 lb bull testicles
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 slice onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- olive oil, for frying (you'll need about 1/4-inch in the bottom of the fry pan)
- lemon wedge, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the membrane from the outside of the testicles.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil with the next four ingredients.
- Simmer meat for ten minutes; remove from liquid and pat dry.
- Slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and seasonings.
- Preheat oil to 350F in a frying pan.
- Dip slices in beaten egg followed by a dip into seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Fry until golden brown and serve immediately.