Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
The testicles of Spanish fighting bulls are prized because they are thought to confer bravery and masculinity. Small portions are served as tapas. As this is not a commonly available product, you may need to ask your butcher to order them for you.
- 1 lb bull testicles
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 slice onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- olive oil, for frying (you'll need about 1/4-inch in the bottom of the fry pan)
- lemon wedge, for garnish
- Remove the membrane from the outside of the testicles.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil with the next four ingredients.
- Simmer meat for ten minutes; remove from liquid and pat dry.
- Slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and seasonings.
- Preheat oil to 350F in a frying pan.
- Dip slices in beaten egg followed by a dip into seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Fry until golden brown and serve immediately.