Recipe by French Tart
A colourful French Creole inspired recipe, which is very easy to make. This tangy and flavourful recipe is wonderful served with a tropical fruit salsa and yellow rice. Ingredients are just for two - but they can be increased with ease!
Top Review by daisygrl64
Loved it! FT this was soooooooo GOOD and so easy! My youngest daughter is a shrimp freak and she was licking her fingers! She couldn't stay away from pan while it was still cooking. I doubled the recipe, because 3 of us in my home love shrimp. Thank you for posting. We had this with "Recipe #234275" Made by member of Cooks With Dirty Faces" for ZWT5
- 12 large prawns, peeled with tails left on
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 2 teaspoons green peppercorns, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 100 g butter
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- red peppers or green peppers or yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 lime, quartered for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in small frying pan and add the seasoned prawns. When the prawns are sealed, put in a hot oven for five minutes.
- After removing the pan from the oven, add your butter, parsley, garlic, green peppercorns, Worcestershire sauce and lime juice.
- Mix together until the sauce is creamy, then serve on a hot plate. Garnish with strips of peppers and lime.