Recipe by momthecook #2
This pate tastes just like liver pate. My Mom loved liver pate but wasn't allowed to eat liver anymore, so when we found this recipe, we tweaked it until it tasted right.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 Oxo beef cubes
- 15 soda crackers, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pork, onion, garlic, water and oxo.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to break up pork.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cracker crumbs.
- Add a bit of cinnamon and allspice to taste.
- Puree in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to adjust seasoning.
- Line a 2 cup mold with plastic wrap and fill. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.