Recipe by Road Runner
French Canadian Meat pâté that is served at breakfast time with mustard and a good fresh brew of Tim Horton's coffee!
Top Review by WhiteKnight1
I'm from Quebec and I found that there is a lot of flavor missing in this recipe ,1st no clove (add a pinch or two),2nd use regular to medium pork (not lean),3rd you could probably add a pinch of cinnamon then adjust your onions might be too much
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 -1 1⁄2 liter milk (fatter the better but no more than Homo milk)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 fresh chives, finely chopped or 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a cooking pot, place the ground pork and pour the milk over till the pork won't drink no more (no longer absorbs). Add about a inch to that of more milk.
- Add the onion, chives, salt and pepper.
- Cook at medium heat for 1.5hrs-2hrs.
- Once cooked, add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour into a appropriate size glass dish.
- Place into fridge overnight and Bingo, you've got awesome Creton for tomorrow's breakfast.
- Bon Appétit!