Recipe by RecipeNut
Delicious little pies that you can nibble at as you stroll around the party, plate in hand
- 3 cups flour
- 1 lb unsalted cheese (cottage cheese, for example)
- 2 tablespoons mint
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup olive oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the flour in a bowl and blend in some salt and water to form a thick dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured board and cut into round shapes with a pastry cutter or drinking glass.
- Place the cheese, egg and finely chopped mint in a bowl and mix together.
- Place a teaspoon of the mixture into the middle of each round shaped pastry.
- Fold half of the pastry over the filling, pressing the open ends of a fork along the folded end of the pie.
- Heat the olive oil over a medium heat and fry the pies until they are a golden colour.
- Place the pies on a serving plate, sprinkle with sugar and serve.