1/1 Photo of Cretan Green Beans
Green beans and tomatoes. Sprinkle with some crumbled feta cheese, if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb fresh green beans, tips snapped off
- 1 cup diced tomato, canned (drain and reserve 1/2 cup liquid)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- water, as needed
- 1Heat oil in heavy saucepan. Add onions and garlic. Cook, stirring, until golden.
- 2Add all remaining ingredients, including reserved tomato juice. Add water if needed, to just cover beans.
- 3Cover pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 4Serve beans with juices.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cretan Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.5
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 333.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g