Recipe by Tea Jenny
This is a very typical dish on Crete, I have had a meal very similar when on holiday it might of been the same recipe with a few slight changes. It was very good then, I think that this one will be too. Very nice with a greek salad.
- 1 kg potato, cut in thin slices
- 1 kg zucchini, cut in thin slices
- 1 bunch spearmint, finely cut
- 1 glass milk
- 570 g crumbled feta cheese
- 2 sheets , filo (home made or frozen)
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll out the first filo sheet and spread it on an oiled baking pan. Oil the filo sheet and then roll out the second filo sheet and spread it over the first one. Both filo sheets should come up above the borders of the baking pan. Then start adding layers of vegetables on top of the filo sheets. First add a layer of zucchinis, seasoned with salt. Then season the zucchinis with half of the spearmint and pour some olive oil. Spread a layer with potatoes and cheese. Season again with the rest of the spearmint, some salt and pepper. Pour over the glass of milk, fold the remaining parts of the filo sheets inside the pan and bake in preheated oven in 200 C until the potatoes are tender. The zucchinis will tenderize quicker. Serve warm.