1 hr 15 mins
This is a great breakfast/brunch casserole that is lovely for a Mother's Day brunch, New Year's Day Brunch, or other gathering. Serve with fresh fruit and your favorite beverage. Easily made ahead--just assemble the night before and refrigerate overnight. In the morning just pop into the oven and bake for about 1 hour plus a few minutes more, until hot. From the local paper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 cups sourdough bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (leave crusts on)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces gorgonzola, chunked
- 12 ounces chopped ham
- 18 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, such as cara mia, drained
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus a little more
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together milk and oil.
- 4Add bread cubes and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes, until bread has absorbed most or all of the liquid.
- 5In another bowl, whisk together heavy cream, eggs, salt and pepper.
- 6Add the gorgonzola.
- 7In a single layer, place half of the soaked bred cubes into baking pan.
- 8Top with half of the ham, half of the artichoke hearts and half of the Jack and parmesan cheeses.
- 9Repeat the layering.
- 10Pour the cream and egg mixture over the layers.
- 11Lightly sprinkle the top of the casserole with grated parmesan cheese.
- 12Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour or until set.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crest Cafe Gorgonzola, Artichoke and Ham Strata
Serving Size: 1 (548 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 647.9
- Calories from Fat 458
- Total Fat 50.9 g
- Saturated Fat 26.9 g
- Cholesterol 277.0 mg
- Sodium 2087.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 35.9 g