Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are great for a Super Bowl party or anytime for that matter! The barbecue taste along with yummy crescent roll dough, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning is wonderful. Prep time is approximate.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (your choice)
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Remove and discard skin from drumsticks.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; stir in the barbecue sauce.
- Add drumsticks.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 170°F, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from pan; cool slightly.
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in a lightly greased 15"x10"x1" baking pan.
- Brush dough with some of the beaten egg; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Place meaty portion of each drumstick at the tip of each triangle, with bony portion extended beyond one long side of triangle.
- Wrap drumstick in dough; place seam side down.
- Brush with remaining egg; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 375°F for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown and a meat thermometer reads 180°F.
Very good and easy! I did cook them in the oven a bit longer than stated, closer to 30 minutes and poured the remaining sauce in the pan. We enjoyed these and will definitely be having these again. By the way I couldn't figure out how to skin the chicken quickly so left the skin on and they still worked out fine. Thanks for sharing!
I was expecting my husband and son to love this but just got a "ho-hum" reaction. My husband said they were kinda bland- wished they had a more bbq taste. I liked them but prob not enough to make them again.