Recipe by keen5
These are great for a Super Bowl party or anytime for that matter! The barbecue taste along with yummy crescent roll dough, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning is wonderful. Prep time is approximate.
Top Review by ellie_
Very good and easy! I did cook them in the oven a bit longer than stated, closer to 30 minutes and poured the remaining sauce in the pan. We enjoyed these and will definitely be having these again. By the way I couldn't figure out how to skin the chicken quickly so left the skin on and they still worked out fine. Thanks for sharing!
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (your choice)
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove and discard skin from drumsticks.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; stir in the barbecue sauce.
- Add drumsticks.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 170°F, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from pan; cool slightly.
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in a lightly greased 15"x10"x1" baking pan.
- Brush dough with some of the beaten egg; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Place meaty portion of each drumstick at the tip of each triangle, with bony portion extended beyond one long side of triangle.
- Wrap drumstick in dough; place seam side down.
- Brush with remaining egg; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 375°F for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown and a meat thermometer reads 180°F.